Our Governing Body
The Governing Body works closely with our school. Its responsibilities and powers have to be exercised in conjunction with the Headteacher and staff. Governors do not intervene in the day to day management of the school.
Whilst individual governors have no direct power or responsibility, the full governing body has legal duties and powers which function under a shared, corporate responsibility.
The day to day management of the school is the undertaking of the headteacher and staff while the philosophy for running our school is a shared responsibility worked out by common consent.
Governors govern rather than manage. They are appointed to give direction and focus and perform a vital strategic role, at Richardson Dees.
The Key Contributions of Our Governing Body 2016-17
- Supporting our new acting headteacher through the transition from our previous headteacher.
- The Governing Body will be recruiting a permanent headteacher to start in the academic year, 2017-18.
The Key Contributions of Our Governing Body 2015-16
- Governors played a key role in helping us to earn the Leading Parent Partnership Award in June, 2016.
- The Governing Body worked closely with the school on Pupil Premium spending, our strategy and ethos and the impact Pupil Premium spending has for our disadvantaged pupils.
- Continued support in the area of safeguarding, to help ensure that the quality of care for our children meets the highest expectations.
The Key Contributions of Our Governing Body 2014-15
- Working alongside senior leaders to monitor the quality of writing and to support key improvement priorities in this area.
- Supporting British Values in school and contributing to the establishment of our Pupil Proclamation.
- Further developing Performance Management systems for staff, to include a coaching and mentoring style approach.
- Auditing Basic Skills and considering the impact within the curriculum for all learners.
Structure of the Governing Body and Committees
The Chair of the Governing Body is Anne Parker and the Vice-Chair of the Governing Body is Richard Brown.
The Governing Body’s structure and membership is outlined in the table below and within that structure it has the following committees:
|Committee Name||Areas||Abrv.||Name of Chair|
|General Purpose||Staffing/communication/safeguarding/Special educational Needs||GP||Anne Parker|
|Standards||Curriculum/school Improvement||S||Richard Brown|
|NAME||CATEGORY||START DATE||EXPIRY DATE||GOVERNANCE ROLE IN ANY OTHER EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENT||PERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH STAFF MEMBERS THE SCHOOL OR THE GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE||BUSINESS AND PECUNIARY INTERESTS||INDIRECT INTERESTS|
|Anne Parker (Chair)||Foundation||30.6.14||29.6.18||None||None||None|
|Richard Brown (Vice Chair)||Co-opted||24.11.11||9.11.19||None||None||None|
|Marian Huscroft||Local Authority||13.11.12||12.11.16||St Columba’s RCVA Primary School||None||None||None|
|Samantha Legg||Parent||11.3.15||Dec. 2017||None||None||None|
|Susan Winter||Headteacher||July 2017|